GTA wide Hackathon for high school students
Welcome to GTA Hacks! A Hackathon for high school students in the GTA. This event is brought to you by members of Humberside Collegiate Institutes's Coding Club.
WHAT IS A HACKATHON?
A Hackathon is a coding rave that takes place over numerous days. Over the course of the event, participants will work on a project that is centered around a specific theme(s), participants may work in a team of up to 4, you may then submit your project for judging and potentially win awesome prizes! At almost all Hackathons there will be workshops hosted throughout the course of the event where highly qualified speakers will teach their audience about a specific concept! If this is your first Hackathon, do not shy away! GTA Hacks is a beginner-friendly event, not to mention we have many experienced people within the community that will help guide you towards success.
The themes for this Hackathon are COVID-19, community, and education
All project coding starts on February 12th @ 12:00 pm and ends on February 14th @ 12:00 pm. You are not allowed to start early!!
- The event will be held from February 12th, 2021 - February 14th, 2021
- Opening ceremonies and kick-off will be held on February 12th, 2021 @ 12:00 pm. These remarks will be recorded live and available for the duration of the event. After this event participants can start working on their project
- All entries must be submitted by February 14nd, 2021 @ 12:00 pm
- Winners will be announced on February 14th, 2021.
All times are in EST
Making a Team
- Participants may work in a team of up to 4 people.
- Only one team member should submit the project but make sure to add group members when submitting your project.
- Find hackers to join your team or find a team looking for hackers in the "find-a-team" channel on the GTA Hacks Discord.
$24,516 in prizes
- Automatic Github Student Packs
- Taskade Unlimited
- Repl.it three months of the Hacker Plan
- Voiceflow Professional License
1x Amazon Echo
2x Wolfram Alpha Pro 1 year subscriptions
3x Wolfram Alpha Pro 1 year subscriptions
3x Notion Personal Pro Plan
Best Use of echoAR
1x $50 Amazon gift card
3x 1-month free Business Tier access
Submitting to this hackathon could earn you:
- Currently enrolled at a high school located in the GTA or Ontario
- If you are attending fully online school but attended a school in the GTA in 2019-20, you are eligible
- If you attend a school NOT in the GTA but is in Ontario, you may still participate but you are not eligible to win a top 3 prize.
- Have a good attitude and spread positivity :)
WHAT AND HOW DO I SUBMIT?
By 12:00 pm on February 14th, participants must have their project submitted. If you are not able to reach this deadline and have an almost-complete project, we will accept your submission the following day but make sure to talk to a Board member on Discord or send an email to the event organizer.
Participants may start working on their project AFTER opening ceremonies on February 12th @ 12:00 pm. Projects must be created during the time constraint of the hackathon.
A full project submission should contain at least all of the following:
- A 2-3 minute video demonstration of their project
- All source code via a link to GitHub or another repository. If you need help with this step please ask for help on the discord.
You do not have to make a software project, hardware projects may be submitted too.
If you need help with absolutely anything, do not hesitate to ask questions on the Discord or email the event organizer
HCI Codes Board
Implementation of the theme
Your project must implement one of COVID-19, community, or education
- Social Good